Updated: Apr 25
1. Make bed everyday: Give simple 60 seconds making your bed each and every day has a huge impact on the way you feel about your room, about your space and about going to sleep each night. Do it right at the beginning of your day, so you will feel like that you can seize the rest of your day with ease.
2. Clean up messes immediately: If I have to write a bible, the first line in the bible would be mess begets mess and it’s something to keep in mind when you’re at home, if you make a big mess whether it is clothing on the floor or came in and you have a storm full of bags and all kind of stuff leaving it out only attracts more of a mess. The idea here is whenever you make a mess, you want to clean it up as quickly as possible, right away is ideal that you never have a messy space.
3. Have a donation waystation: You should have a waystation in your home where you can put anything that you don’t really need any more in the weigh station in the bin. You just leave it there, if you need it, you can go back and get it.
4. Do the dishes after every meal: Your kitchen may be your most important area, which is why keeping it cleaning is priority in your hour. If your kitchen looks gross, you do not want to cook in it, you do not really want to eat anything out of the kitchen. Therefore, the idea here is to keep the kitchen as clean as possible. That means wiping up after each use whether it is just a few crumbs on a counter and give it a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth. So, when your kitchen looks clean, your house feels so much better.
5. Everything has a place: If it does not have any space, it means that you probably do not need it. Therefore, decluttering is a really important thing to do at home. So, if you feel something that is homeless in your house, perhaps they need to go, then you can stick them in the donation bin.
6. Everyone should pitch in: Clearly you are not going to ask your three-year-old to load and unload the dishwasher, but every family member should be participating in taking care of the home to the best of there abilities. If you have not had this conversation with everyone in your family yet, or you are struggling to figure out the way to get everyone involved, try once ask for help and share. Also, it has to do with everyone living in the home, everyone feeling better about their space and setting common goals. So, remember, keeping your house clean is the responsibility that should not fall on one person’s shoulder.
7. Live with the less: The whole minimalist living thing has definitely been a trend over the past couple of years. Try to manage to pare things down in your house, and I can tell you it does feel a lot better to live this way. I think that could be a really great way to ease yourself into this mentality.
Gift4mum Cleaning ACT is a green cleaning services provider in Canberra. We are proud of the best cleaners in Canberra, with long experience of using safe and environmentally friendly cleaners for Airbnb cleaning, regular house cleaning, office cleaning.